Liverpool's latest news sees the Premier League giants linked with Andoni Iraola while Andy Robertson explains the disappointment of their seasonLiverpool are within touching distance of securing Champions League qualification in their final game of the season. Avoiding defeat against Brentford at Anfield on Sunday will be enough for Arne Slot's side to clinch fifth place.Even if the Reds were to suffer a fourth league defeat of the campaign against the Bees, Bournemouth would have to reverse a six-goal swing in their final match at Nottingham Forest. Nevertheless, the curtain will finally be drawn on what has been a remarkably disappointing season after this weekend.The summer could prove to provide more scares for Liverpool fans, with Slot and the hierarchy handed the unenviable task of replacing Mohamed Salah, as well as Andy Robertson, both of whom will leave the club after nine years.Mirror Football takes a look at the latest reports regarding Andoni Iraola potentially landing at Anfield as well as Robertson's take on what exactly has gone wrong for Liverpool this season.FOLLOW OUR LIVERPOOL FB PAGE! Latest Reds news and more on our dedicated Facebook pageConflicting Iraola reportsReports previously suggested that Arne Slot was likely to continue in his role at Liverpool next season despite the disappointment of the campaign. However, recent claims from Foot Mercato suggest the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group (FSG), are potentially plotting a U-turn on the Dutchman's future.READ MORE : Liverpool owners told to BAN Mohamed Salah from final day send-off as behaviour addressedREAD MORE : Xabi Alonso refuses to rule out Chelsea selling THREE stars including Enzo FernandezThey report that Xabi Alonso was considered as a possible replacement for Slot but the former Liverpool midfielder has since joined Chelsea. The French outlet claim Richard Hughes, the Reds' sporting director, is pursuing Bournemouth boss Andoni Iraola, who is set to leave the Cherries at the end of the season.The Spaniard has led Bournemouth to sixth in the Premier League with the club on a remarkable 17-match unbeaten streak - the longest run of any time in the top-flight this season. The 43-year-old will certainly have his list of suitors this summer but Liverpool could have an advantage in the race.Hughes was the man who brought Iraola to Bournemouth three years ago during his spell as sporting director at the south coast club as a reunion between the pair could be on the cards. Although the Athletic claim the club's position on Slot remains the same.Andy Robertson admissionThe Liverpool veteran voiced his opinion on what's caused Liverpool's dramatic drop-off when talking to Ian Wright on The Overlap. The 32-year-old discussed the tragic death of Diogo Jota and admitted grieving for their team-mate during their Premier League title defence was "tough."He told the Arsenal icon: "What happened in the summer with Diogo Jota… nobody could have prepared us for that. The first time I saw my teammates again after the trophy parade was on the way to one of our mate's funeral."And I don't want to use this as an excuse, but we cannot hide away from this. It's been tough, and we can't hide away from this. Diogo Jota was one of our best mates." Robertson also cited the departure of Trent Alexander-Arnold to Real Madrid as a reason for the Reds' struggles on the pitch.He explained: "I think obviously we’ve missed him as a player, there’s no doubt about that. We’ve missed him as a character as well. But he’s went on to try something new and sometimes you just have to take your hat off to that."
Click here to read article